Choosing the Best Lawn Care Service
- Consistency: You should have one person or team in charge of, and ultimately responsible for, the health and beauty of your lawn. This person should be at your property on a regular basis, determining and communicating with you what your lawn care program entails and when various treatments and services will be performed.
- Expectations & Accountability: When choosing a company, make sure that you speak with the lawn care service manager. Find out what processes and procedures they have in place to ensure accountability, good communication with clients and ultimately, excellent customer service. Do their processes and oversight indicate that they will be on top of potential issues before they become problems? Will they be good at responding to and anticipating your needs?
- Products & Plantings: How knowledgeable are they about various products and treatments? The best lawn care service company should have enough experience with different products and ingredients to know the shortcomings and benefits of various choices. They should be staying on top of new products. Plantings should be high quality and the selection of plantings should be above and beyond what you find at your local nursery.
- Attitude- Look for lawn care service people who are happy, have a passion for what they do, and have been at their job for a while. If the personnel seem to just be going through the motions rather than being genuinely engaged, enthusiastic, and proactive, chances are they may be issues with management such as poor pay or lack of recognition for employees that ultimately leads to high turnover.
- Reputation: How did you find the lawn care services companies you are talking to? Have you heard of them before? Online reviews can be helpful, but should be taken with a grain of salt. A lone disgruntled customer should likely be dismissed but a preponderance of bad reviews could be a red flag. Have they won any awards as a result of their lawn care services?